Nothing is better than a comforting, warm bowl of pasta on a cold winter evening. I love this recipe because it is both dairy and gluten free. The POW pasta, which is made from red lentils – is also full of protein. The mint and lemon flavors are so tasty with the pasta. I am all about efficiency in the kitchen, and love that I can make this in under twenty minutes AND have leftovers!
Fresh Mint & Pea Pasta
// Ingredients – serves six
- 16 ounces (1 box) of pasta (I used POW, made from red lentils)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
- Juice of 1 lemon
- black pepper & sea salt to taste
- Cook pasta according to the box instructions.
- In a large skillet, saute shallots & garlic in olive oil, over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the peas, and cook until warmed through.
- Once pasta is cooked & strained, add to skillet.
- Stir in remaining ingredients & toss until evenly coated.